Background

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Bring on the 2 years!

Ahhh!!! The count DOWN can offically begin :D


Here we go...This is a my count down. (you can see the one dot filled in already) with my sharpies to make is pretty. A letter box to hold those things and a picture of my hansome missionary.

On June 2, 2011 my best friend in the entire world was called to serve in the Mexico, Mexico City South Mission. He would be repporting on October 26, 2011. I was really excited about Mexico but also kind of mad that I had to wait 5 months for him to leave...the longer it took for him to leave, the longer it would be until I get hime back.

So finally after 5 months the time has come!

I have really kept it out of my mind, the more I thought about it the crazier I got. But I had to face the inevitable.

This past week has been a huge roller coaster. I have gone from being so happy to uncontrollable tears. Every single night for a long while now I have prayed for peace. I wanted the feeling of peace knowing that everything will be okay. That's exactly what I got :) Oh the power of prayer!

Jake's farewell was Sunday, October 16, 2011. I had been looking forward to and dreading this day. I knew it: I was going to be a complete wreck! But...I was the complete opposite! I maybe cried a little while he was speaking but other than that, complete peace. I spent the entire afternoon with Jake and his family. I felt at home! I felt so relaxed and happy! I have always kind of known that I am going to marry Jake one day, but today I really felt it. This is where I belong.

The whole next week was fabulous! I spent just about every waking moment with Jake. We never get sick of each other :) We are great!

I have dated Jake for over a year now and have enjoyed every single second of it! Jake has made me a better person. I would not be who I am today without him! I love him!

Jake was set apart on Monday, October 24, 2011. That whole day I was pretty much counting down the hours. I was there while he was getting set apart. It was so beautiful to be there for. The spirit was so strong. It was amazing to hear his testimony. I am so proud of him!

He really is going to be the best missionary!
The handshake after he was set apart...







Audrey, me, and mom (Jake's mom). Gotta love the red faces!


Jake and I before he was set apart! What a stud!


Missionary hair cut time! I'd like to say I can cut awesome missionary hair. But I just stood in for a quick picture. His mom did the real thing :)


Hours before he was set apart what do we do? Oh you know, just stop at mini grand prix.


The money he plans to use while in the MTC. He felt so coolt holding this much cash. Okay, how can you resist this face??


Dinner with the fam on his last Saturday.



I am so proud of Jacob!!! He is wonderful and amazing and perfect.


Jacob has the ablitity to be a friend to everyone. He is wonderful!



I am SO excited to start this journey of our next two years. I already can't wait to have him back though ;)

MEXICO IS SO LUCKY!!!

2 comments:

  1. Kacey, great post! I sure enjoy reading your stuff. Jake will be a great missionary! We will help keep you busy while he is away. Always here for you. I love you. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your missionary got his call the same day mine did!

    ReplyDelete