Background

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Septmeber...?

Someone once said "there is never a dull moment in the Smith house"

September was an eventful month to say the least...

On the 17th, Jake and I had been dating for 1 whole year! Now we know that celebrating dating anniversaries is almost not okay but since he will be gone for the next two years we decided it was okay. So he got me roses :) and a cute little ring for my thumb!
On the 16th Jake turned 19! My mom made Jake the most adorable cake! It was perfect for Jake because it was a monster and Jake has a little thing called the stress monster! (shh...don't tell him I mentioned it)


For Jake's birthday we (the Hansens) played Beatles rock band! SO FUN!


Jordan turned 17 on the 13th. My mom, dad, kami, and I stayed up SUPER late so that he would wake up to 72 balloons hanging from above his head. We go all out at my house!


Jake and I on his birthday.


So the first half of the month was almost better than any other because we celebrated 2 birthdays in the Family!


Then came September 21st...


I woke up at 4:30 to leave for work at 5. I was all ready to go and went to get my keys, I couldn't find them anywhere (really, again?). So I looked everywhere for them, looked for my dad, (maybe he drove my car the night before) couldn't find my dad! Then I ran and looked and my car wasn't there either! I was thinking "what the heck! he knows I have to work early, maybe he is getting gas for me though" Then I noticed he was on the couch! Strange...


I knew right away that Jordan my 17 year old unlicensed, uninsured brother STOLE my car! Great!


I ran into my moms room and yelled "he stole my car!!!" My mom and dad were both up right away.


**This is the car that I blogged about 2 months ago, my new car, the one I spent all my own money on, the one I paid off...**


We had no idea where Jordan had gone. My dad drove me to work and then at 6:30 a.m. called and said "Kacey, we found the car Jordan rolled it twice, you won't be able to drive it again, but he is going to be okay." Jordan was being life flighted to the head trauma center in California because of the crash.


I burst into tears I didn't know what would happened to Jordan...would he be retarded for the rest of his life? will he ever be the same? How will he pay my back?


I got done with work at 10 and around 12 the doctors finally called and said all his tests came back normal and he will be good to go that night.


We joke that only drunk people and Jordan survive accidents like that! Jordan walked away without a scratch!


For about a week I was a total wreck! Almost every word anyone spoke to me I cried about and hurt. I didn't know how to feel..mad, angry, glad he's okay, upset he's okay...Every single emotion..I felt it!


**Note Jordan WILL pay me back EVERY penny!


Through prayers and a lot of pondering I came to the conclusion...


Jordan is not here on this Earth for him. He will probably never be able to think or be the way the rest of us are. Jordan is here for the rest of us. He is here to teach us patience, understanding, love...Jordan is here for us.

When my family weas in Heaven Jordan was the one in my family to say "I will take on all these challenges" Jordan was the one to do that.


As mad as he makes me, he is here for a reason.


Without and eternal and Gospel centered perspective I would have never been able to come to this conclusion. I have a testimony of the Truthfulness of this church and I love it. As hard as things and times seem, IT IS WORTH IT!


No comments:

Post a Comment