Background

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Shout out to Emmanuel!

If you are reading this you probably know Emmanuel. Everyone knows him! He is one of the best men walking this earth right now!

I have known Emmanuel for about 6 years now. We had a few classes in 9th grade together. He always stood out to me as one of the nicest guys I have ever known.

Throughout high school the swim team sold burritos during lunch. I hunted Emmanuel down because I knew he would ALWAYS buy a few, and he ALWAYS did.

Last summer Emmanuel was baptized and became a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. "The best day of my life" -Emmanuel

The path he has taken since joining the church has not been easy. His family did not support him, as an 18 year old buy that had to be VERY hard. Emmanuel knew that he had made the right decision and continued to remain faithfull. I am so proud of him for continuing to stay so strong when it got so tough!

The day that Emmanuel was able to he entered the Lord's house and did over 100 baptisms. He truly is an example.

When the 2011 school year started Emmanuel got together a small group, myself and Jake included to go to the Temple every Friday morning. We arrived every Friday at 7 a.m. which meant we had to get up at 6! Yes, crazy but worth it! As the school year went on the Friday morning group grew and grew. By the end of the year there were over 20 students involved all because of one man, Emmanuel, was such a good example.

Emmanuel invited a guy from school (Steve) to join in on group activities like UNLV football games and movie nights. Because of the leader and spirit Emmanuel has with him he influenced Steve in such a way that he too was baptized. Steve is now one of my very good friends.

Emmanuel is the kind of person that everyone wants to be around. Just about everyone who knows him feels like they are his best friend! I want to be that kind of person!

Today he enters the MTC to serve a two year mission in Mexico. He will without question be one of the best missionaries the world has ever had.

Emmanuel is one of my best friends and I love him! I am so proud of him and the influence he has had on my life. I am a better person because of him.

"Missionary--someone who leaves their family for two years so others can be with theirs for eternity" Emmanuel's favorite quote!


A few friends getting together to celebrate Emmanuel!

Jake, Emmanuel, me! We love him!!!


His farewell talk! What a great day :)


Me, Emmanuel, Jake, and Steve! 3 of my favorite people and 3 of the most influential people in my life! I love you all SO much :)







No comments:

Post a Comment